NeIC Community Wiki
The NeIC facilitates the development and operation of advanced IT tools and services in areas of importance to Nordic researchers.
The core values governing all of NeIC's activities are:
- NeIC services and development will be motivated by providing added value to researchers.
- NeIC will be a reliable partner displaying integrity, transparency, and accountability in all processes.
- NeIC will strive to be open; to new ideas and opportunities, and to its outputs in terms of knowledge, tools and services.
- NeIC will strive for continuous improvement in all aspects of its operation.
- NeIC will give priority to stakeholder engagement.
Strategy and focus areas
The NeIC strategy encompasses four focus areas: pool competencies, share resources, secure long-term funding and strengthen stakeholder dialogue. Those focus areas are further described in the strategy implementation plan and they are also supported by activities (separate section below) and working groups. Current working groups are
- Pool competencies working group - How to pool competences from the five countries to make the Nordics capable of tackling e-infrastructure challenges beyond what is currently possible on singular national scales.
- Provider forum -Fostering ideas and offering technical advice on current activites.
Newcomers to NeIC looking to learn more about how NeIC operates may like to read this page: Welcome to NeIC
This page lists current NeIC activities. If an activitiy that you expected to find here is missing, please contact User:Joel Hedlund so we can fix it. In the meantime, you might still find it on the project category page.
|Biodiversity||DK FI NO SE IS EE||170101||191231||Nordic-Baltic Collaboration on e-Infrastructures for Biodiversity Informatics|
|CodeRefinery||DK FI NO SE||161001||180930||Collaborative Infrastructure for Scientific Software development|
|Dellingr||DK FI NO IS||170101||Nordic Collaboration on resource sharing|
|Earth system modeling||DK FI NO SE||170101||191231||Nordic Collaboration on e-Infrastructures for Earth System Modeling|
|EISCAT_3D support||FI NO SE||150115||180114||The NeIC EISCAT_3D Technical support EISCAT_3D community on network, computing and storage challenges.|
|Glenna2||DK FI IS NO SE||170101||191231||Nordic cloud collaboration - continuation of Glenna project|
|NeIC 2017 conference||DK FI IS NO SE||160501||171231||The biennial Nordic e-infrastructure conference.|
|Nordic language processing laboratory||DK FI NO SE||170101||191231||Implementing a Nordic virtual laboratory for Natural Language Processing|
|Project analysis||NeIC||170401||170630||Develop a framework for lightweight project analysis that is usable also for operations.|
|Tryggve||DK FI NO SE||140429||171021||A Nordic platform for sensitive BMS research data.|
|Nordic WLCG tier-1 facility||DK FI NO SE||060101||NDGF Tier1 is one of 11 regional computing centres of the Worldwide LHC Computing Grid.|
|Training||FI NO SE||170401||Coordinating, disseminating and arranging training on e-infrastructure topics across the Nordic countries.|
Collaboration is at the core of most or even all activities in NeIC. The ways to interact with NeIC are described on the page on Collaboration. If you are pressed for time, here is a quick breakdown: NeIC collaboration model for dummies.
Collaboration with NeIC is mainly through one of the following paths:
- Open invitation to the Nordic e-Infrastructure community to develop ideas within current NeIC Strategic Areas
- Responding to letters of interest to start new activities or projects within NeIC.
List of Projects.
- NT-1 Evaluation Report
- B2Share Nordic Final Report
- NeIC all-hands 2015 evaluation report
- NeIC all-hands 2016 evaluation report
- NeIC Achievements 2016
- List of Public documents