NeIC Community Wiki
The NeIC facilitates the development and operation of advanced IT tools and services in areas of importance to Nordic researchers.
The core values governing all of NeIC's activities are:
- NeIC services and development are motivated by providing added value to Nordic research.
- NeIC shares knowledge and develops competence on advanced e-infrastructure solutions.
- NeIC works in open and transparent ways to be a trustworthy partner.
- NeIC strives to improve continuously in what we do.
The vision for NeIC is to be a global role model for cross-border distributed and sustainable e-infrastructure collaborations. NeIC activities will center on digital infrastructure for Nordic research excellence.
There are four strategic objectives in the NeIC 2020-2025 strategy:
- Beneficial collaborations are the principal way that NeIC brings together the needs, interests and resources to create e-infrastructure to support research excellence in the Nordic region.
- Nordic Influence is the effect that NeIC has in improving and advancing e-infrastructure for researchers and for society.
- Motivated People are essential in the collaborations and to bring the results into the research domains and society.
- Effective processes bind NeIC into an organization that is able to realize the benefits and influences that come from the collaborations.
These components of the strategy connect to three ranked priorities that justify the activities and projects that NeIC works on. The ranked priorities are:
- Deep Nordic interactions and collaborations
- Society, Ethics and Sustainability for research and societal value and sustainability through e-infrastructure collaborations
- Wide international interactions, collaborations and new roles.
Newcomers to NeIC looking to learn more about how NeIC operates may like to read this page: Welcome to NeIC
Day-to-day management of NeIC is handled by the Executive Team (XT), chaired by the Director. Functions of the XT include strategy implementation, project ownership, project portfolio management, committee facilitation, NeIC office management, facilitating the work of the NeIC board, NeIC commons. Project ownership includes steering group representation. Project portfolio management includes supporting project managers and stimulating mutual learning and improvement.
Functions of the Project Managers: Project management (team leadership), facilitation of project steering group meetings, engaging with project's stakeholders and beneficiaries, contribution to NeIC commons.
The ’NeIC commons’ is the wide range of common functions and services that keep our organisation flourishing. Some of these are offered through dedicated roles but several others need to be contributed by team members at large. NeIC staff are prepared to volunteer a fraction (say, 10%) of their available time to the NeIC commons in agreement with their team leader.
This page lists current NeIC activities. If an activitiy that you expected to find here is missing, please contact us Contact so we can fix it. In the meantime, you might still find it on the project category page.
|DeepDive||DK FI NO SE IS EE||170101||191231||Nordic-Baltic Collaboration on e-Infrastructures for Biodiversity Informatics|
|CodeRefinery2||DK FI NO SE||181101||211031||Increasing Competence in Research Software development|
|Dellingr||DK FI NO IS||170110||200314||Nordic Collaboration on resource sharing|
|EISCAT_3D Data Solutions||EISCAT FI NO SE||180501||200430||The NeIC EISCAT_3D technical support for EISCAT_3D community on network, computing and storage challenges.|
|Glenna2||DK FI IS NO SE||170101||200330||Nordic cloud collaboration - continuation of Glenna project|
|iOBS||FI NO SE||190101||201231||Improved Observation Usage in Numerical Weather Prediction|
|NICEST||DK FI NO SE||170101||191231||Nordic Collaboration on e-Infrastructures for Earth System Modeling|
|NLPL||DK FI NO SE||170101||191231||Implementing a Nordic virtual laboratory for Natural Language Processing|
|Tryggve2||DK FI NO SE||171021||201031||A Nordic platform for sensitive BMS research data.|
|Nordic WLCG Tier-1 facility (NT-1)||DK FI NO SE||060101||NDGF Tier1 is one of 13 regional computing centres of the Worldwide LHC Computing Grid.|
|Ratatosk Training Programme||DK FI IS NO SE||170401||Coordinating, disseminating and arranging training on e-infrastructure topics across the Nordic countries.|
Collaboration with NeIC is usually proposed through annual open call.
List of current NeIC Projects.
- NeIC's official endorsement of the EOSC declaration
- NT-1 Evaluation Report
- NeIC Annual Report 2017: Printer friendly version and Spreads version
- The State of Open Science in the Nordics: Printer friendly version and Spreads version
- List of Public documents
- NeIC official homepage.