- 1 Dellingr steering group meeting
- 1.1 18-1-01 Presence, approval of agenda (5')
- 1.2 18-1-02 Dellingr Project status
- 1.3 Update on partner and personnel commitments (for discussion)
- 1.4 Updated Dellingr project plan, version 2.8, draft (for discussion) 15'
- 1.5 Dellingr Phase 2 Collaboration Agreement status (for discussion) 10'
- 1.6 Decision Point
- 1.7 Next meetings 5'
- 1.8 AOB 5'
Dellingr steering group meeting
Time: 2018-04-06 14h00 CEST
- Kurt Gammelgaard Nielsen, DK
- Per-Olov Hammargren, SE
- Heta Koski, FI
- Ebba Þóra Hvannberg, IS
- Ivar Koppel, EST
- Gunnar Boe, NO (Observer)
- Tomasz Malkiewicz, NeIC, Project owner
- John White, NeIC, Project manager
- Rob Pennington, NeIC
18-1-01 Presence, approval of agenda (5')
- Presence: John, Rob, Heta (FI), Ebba (IS), Per-Olov (SE), Ivar (EE)
- Missing: Kurt (DK)
- Agenda is approved. Nothing to add to the agenda.
18-1-02 Dellingr Project status
- Pilot has received 21 applications (3 rejected)
- Matrix of cross-border sharing can be seen.
- Users are happy (survey sent... later document).
- Procedures used to accept cross-border applications documented:
- DO2: due September 2018.
- Document written.
- Still waiting for some benchmark numbers.
- Input from DK to come.
- https://www.overleaf.com/13915475pjdxqdqrkkxn#/53938144/ or
- Comments on document format?
- Work to integrate IS (FI later) into Waldur ongoing.
- Is two weeks enough to read the document and comment? Yes, we schedule at meeting for this at the end of this meeting (see below).
- What is the process? Should we have a new SG meeting or discussion? (Meeting in two weeks).
- What are the main points of the document?
- Resource exchange mechanism. Continuous exchange.
- Exchange rates based on "popularity".
- Benchmarking using the PRACE suite.
- How does this popularity weighting work (POH)?
- Resources contributed and used fully get a weight that tends towards 1. Resources contributed and not used, weight towards 0.
- Baseline not known... but the framework (Waldur?) an track the quantities.
- 3 hour session at the AHM meeting.
- Successful meeting face-to-face.
- Useful to get the DO1 underway.
- Legal issues discussed for the high-level track?
- Need to get the DO1 out before high-level track can start.
Any comments... No comments to this section.
- DO7 from project plan due in June 2018.
- From the Skeikampen meeting:
- High-level track discussions need to start
- Need to have a resource-sharing proposal first (DO1)
- Anders presented a good set of legal questions to be applied to DO1.
- Common user agreement needed... SE user agreement sent as model. No objections.
- Needs to be discussed and checked by legal rep.
- Composition of the forum for the high-level track?
- "... a forum of national HPC providers. Inviting of national HPC providers in the Nordics to discuss sharing policies. Members including directors of national e-infrastructure providers, NeIC. Also a forum of experts for people running national procurements to exchange experiences."
- Acceptance of DO1
- Schedule meeting later in May?
- My view on composition: NeiC, SG, plus "some others".
- Face to face better.
POH: If we have a common user agreement what would be the legal unit that the users are signing towards? Who would be the legal entity?
JW: At first guess NeIC/Nordforsk if agreeable. Otherwise like the pilot the users have to sign with the host.
HK: Is see also issues very close to DO4. For the AAI and federated identities. Also I have not seen the Swedish user agreement.
POH: I will forward to you (thanks). We also are in the process of upgrading our user agreement.
POH: These legal issues are definitely for high-level group. Once we have a resource sharing proposal we will ask respective lawyers.
JW: We will schedule a meeting for this high-level group for the end of May (after mid May). Send a doodle to group. Date after May 14th. Could we host at Estonia or CSC?
IK: Our institute not so easy to reach.
HK: CSC, we can host.
ACTION: JW: Doodle for high-level track at the end of May.
ACTION: POH: Send SE user agreement to Heta at CSC.
- Delivery object 10: Support in enabling NT1 resource exchange
- We have to see how the Dellingr resource exchange model in DO1 can be fit to NT1 case.
- Simple benchmarking of resources "not so simple"
JW: Need to consult with NT1 (Mattias W) on our exchange mechanism.
POH: We discussed this before... could you check in the previous meeting minutes what should be done here?
Update on partner and personnel commitments (for discussion)
- Project group works well. Good attendance.
- EST well integrated to the project.
- Need to clarify DK member.
- NO participates as observer when they are able.
POH: As noted in the PG meeting cpule of weeks ago. Does everyone have access to the project plan? (Yes).
Updated Dellingr project plan, version 2.8, draft (for discussion) 15'
- https://docs.google.com/document/d/1fVDB_imL8b1s8TRcXj0eYspP-GKd2_Axttf8CBR-lh4/edit?usp=sharing (changes highlighted)
POH: Looking at the text of DO8? The WLCG is a different case. For the Nordic Met offices... clubbed together to buy an existing computer at NSC. What will we learn?
RP: These were included as examples. Agreement by 2022 that the 4 met offices will work together? We can see how they moved acquisitions across boundaries. WLCG may not need to be there. PRACE could be used instead.
RP: We should check with Michaela on the new WLCG agreement.
(Not due until June 2019)
Dellingr Phase 2 Collaboration Agreement status (for discussion) 10'
Anything to be noted?
POH: We have signed.
(Nobody else at this meeting has NOT signed).
ACTION: JW: Check with Kine on the status.
The PPS DP5 to continue the project? Passed.
Next meetings 5'
Friday 27th 13h00 CEST.
- Here we will discuss the DO1 document.
- Agenda for the high-level track meeting.
- Who else to add to the high-level track?