Board member code of conduct
Code of conduct for NeIC board members.
Approved by the NeIC Board 20.11.2015
As a member of the NeIC Board, I am expected to:
- Adhere to the regulations set forth in the two NeIC Board Governance documents NeIC Board Rules of Procedure and NeIC governance mandate;
- Commit sufficient time to become oriented to my responsibilities and to the work of the organization;
- Regularly attend meetings of the board and of the committee(s) on I agree to serve;
- Review agenda material and be well prepared for meetings;
- Contribute to developing the board agendas and to board discussions;
- Provide advice and support to the board chair and the director;
- Positively promote the work of organization and advocate for its interests;
- Contribute to the evaluation of the board’s performance and my own contributions to it;
- Conduct myself in a spirit of collegiality and respect for the collective decisions of the board, and subordinate my personal interests to the best interests of the organization;
- Immediately declare any personal conflict of interest that may come to my attention, and;
- Keep confidential all information that I learn about clients, personnel, collective bargains and any other matters specifically determined by the board to be matters of confidence, including matters dealt with during in-camera meetings of the board.