Phase 2 kick-off meeting
Tuesday October 3rd, Radisson Blu Hotel Saga, Hagatorg, 107 Reykjavik
Meeting room: Keilir
List of Attendees
(as of last edit)
John White (NeIC)
Tomasz Malkiewicz (NeIC)
Bjørn Lindi (NTNU) *
Gudmund Høst (NeIC)
Hans Karlsson (SNIC)
Hjörleifur Sveinbjörnsson (HI)
Jørn Aslak Amundsen (UNINETT)
Juha Fagerholm (CSC) **
Kurt Gammelgaard Nielsen (SDU)
Kine Nordstokkå (NeIC)
Máni Maríus Viðarsson (HI)
Per-Olov Hammargren (UU)
Petri Nikunen (CSC) *
Jens Svalgaard Kohrt (SDU)
Vera Hansper (CSC)
Objectives for the meeting
- Meeting chair: Tomasz Malkiewicz
08:00 - 09:00 Introduction
- Welcome 5' (Tomasz)
- Resource Sharing, Nordic eScience Action Plan and NeIC Strategy 15' (Gudmund)
- Dellingr Phase 1 outcomes 25' (Tomasz)
- NeIC project cycle, https://wiki.neic.no/wiki/Project_process 15' (Kine)
09:00 - 09:30 Dellingr Phase 2 overview & status slides (John)
09:30 - 10:00 Community & NeIC partner presentations (people, vision for Dellingr Phase 2) (Ebba, Hans, Jørn, Kurt, Vera, Tomasz)
10:00 - 10:15 coffee break
10:15 - 11:30 Group work (everyone, facilitated by John and Tomasz)
- High level planning and coordination track (Per-Olov, Kurt, Hjolli, Jorn, Kine, Tomasz)
- Proof of concept through research driven pilots track Slides (Vera, Hans, Mani, Jens, Ebba, Gudmund, John)
11:30 - 12:00 Group work outcome discussion (everyone, facilitated by John and Tomasz)
12:00 - 12:30 Lunch
12:30 - 14:00 Planning for next 12 months (October 2017 - September 2018): What, Who, When slides (everyone, led by John)
14:00 - 14:15 Coffee
14:15 - 14:45 Set of current and proposed tools facilitating resource sharing
- Web portals slides(Vera Hansper)
- Metacenter Administration System slides (Bjorn Lindi)
- Haka slides (Petri Nikunen)
14:45 - 15:10 National thematic session: Iceland and resource sharing, engaging the research community.
- Helmut Neukirchen describes a use case.
- Jesús Zavala Franco, assistant professor, Centre for Astrophysics and Cosmology describes a use case/need.
- Elvar Örn Jónsson, post-doctorate in chemistry, University of Iceland.
- Viðar Jónsson, professor in physics, University of Iceland.
- Egill Skúlason, professor, University of Iceland.
15:10 - 15:40 Group work: Developing Icelandic use case for Dellingr.
15:40 - 15:50 Icelandic use case group work results.
15:50 - 16:00 Wrap-up.
16:00 - Extracurricular activities.
Minutes of meeting
Are available here.