- 1 Glenna steering group meeting
- 2 Agenda
- 3 Minutes
- 3.1 Glenna SG 16-12. Welcome and Presence
- 3.2 Glenna SG 16-13. Approval of agenda and minutes from last meeting
- 3.3 Glenna SG 16-14. Project status report
- 3.4 Glenna SG 16-15. New Version of Projectplan, Deliverables
- 3.5 Glenna SG 16-16. Information on Nordic Cloud Collaboration Planning Group
- 3.6 Glenna SG 16-17. Future strategy
- 3.7 Glenna SG 16-18. AOB
- 3.8 Glenna SG 16-19. Next meeting
- 3.9 Attachments
- 3.10 Attachments
Glenna steering group meeting
Time: Wednesday 2016-05-25 at 09:30-15:00 CET
Place: Scandic Oslo Airport, Ravinevegen 15, 2060 GARDERMOEN, Norway, Tel +47 23 15 59 20
- Meeting Video Link: Google Hangouts https://plus.google.com/hangouts/_/g4g5nyl5glc66wqgbqk4yjvb4ua
- Martin Bech, representing DeIC, DK
- Andreas Hellander, representing SNIC, SE
- Hans A. Eide, representing UNINETT Sigma, NO
- Sæþór L. Jónsson, representing CSUI, IS
- Jura Tarus, representing CSC, FI
- Dan Still Project Manager representing NeIC
- Dejan Vitlacil, NeIC Generic Area Tecnical Consultant, representing NeIC
- Michaela Barth, NeIC Generic Area Coordinator, representing NeIC, Chair
- Project internal wiki: https://wiki.neic.no/int/Nordic_Cloud
- Project public homepage: https://wiki.neic.no/wiki/Glenna
- Glenna SG 16-12. Welcome and Presence.
- Glenna SG 16-13. Approval of agenda and minutes from last meeting
- Glenna SG 16-14. Project status report
- Glenna SG 16-15. New Version of Project plan
- Glenna SG 16-16. Nordic Cloud Collaboration Planning Group
- Glenna SG 16-17. Future strategy
- Glenna SG 16-18. AOB
- Glenna SG 16-19. Next meeting
Glenna SG 16-12. Welcome and Presence
Decision: Everyone present
Glenna SG 16-13. Approval of agenda and minutes from last meeting
Agenda and minutes from last meeting approved
Glenna SG 16-14. Project status report
(20 min) Project_Status
Status overview of Glenna goals: Status and progress towards the project goals in attached pdf.
Green=good progress Red=not good progress
PM gave an overview of the project status
- The UH IaaS project in Norway has enabled federated single sign on to OpenStack. Currently Norwegian users can log in to resources in Oslo and Bergen through Dataporten (Openid)
- Glenna portal moving to https://neic.nordforsk.org/activities/glenna/
- The BioExcel CoE VM images (https://bioimg.org/) could be a good way to store and distribute ready made cloud images. There would be clear separation of responsibility. Individual sites take care of base operating system VM images and communities of specialize application VM images
- Currently the project is busy finalizing the deliverables
PM inquired as to how present deliverables. One document or many? PDF:s or HTML based documentation?
Deliverables in individual documents one per WP. PDF format. Good if project has time to make a web based document.
Glenna SG 16-15. New Version of Projectplan, Deliverables
The Project plan has been updated to reflect the current status of the project. Please also consult the attached appendices. Deliverablse
Appendix A Gantt Chart: .pdf
Appendix B Budget: .pdf
Appendix C Glenna PM Allocations per Country:.pdf
PM reported on time consumption. Project is on time and on budget. Since the last meeting no significant absences.
Glenna SG 16-16. Information on Nordic Cloud Collaboration Planning Group
(30 mins) This agenda item concerns the potential follow-up project to Glenna in the context of the Nordic eScience Action Plan 2.0. Chair presents
PM gave input (see attachment) for followup project (working name: Glenna II)
- Discussion on the co-funding model. Co-funding is not transferable between centers.
- Continuation of national cloud project in SE is important for Glenna II.
- UNINETT Sigma2 pays full real cost, there is no in-kind from the sites.
- Smart and faster way to redistribute funding needed.
- The issues surrounding VAT on services will likely be a part of Glenna II.
Glenna SG 16-17. Future strategy
(30 mins) This agenda item aims at refining the objectives of the project.
Discussion: It would be desirable not loosing momentum gained in Glenna and consequently prolong Glenna for four months; primarily for dissemination, marketing the services and knowledge exchange. The Glenna project would officially end by the last of August and the use cases would end as of that date.
The resource sharing scheme and VAT issues would be part of the prolongation.
Glenna II funding could provide salaries (up to 1 FTE) until the last of December. Inform NeIC director and administrator about this.
- AP: PM check on under-spendings and check what co-funding would still be available
In conclusion a prolongation until the end of December would be enough to keep project alive for:
- intensified marketing: dissemination
- keeping coordinating the efforts in the National clouds.
Prolong project until end of December and Glenna II in order not to loose momentum. The Nordic Cloud Planning Group will take over the remains to carry on, with Glenna formally finished.
Glenna SG 16-18. AOB
Glenna SG 16-19. Next meeting
September 14th 2016 at Arlanda Airport, Sweden