This is a howto for how to arrange a major conference event like a project. This manual contains a lot of useful information, but it is in no way comprehensive, so use judgement.
- Conference organization - Roles and responsibilities in the conference project.
- Conference program - Guidelines for producing an excellent conference program.
- Conference workshops - The NeIC way and stance on conference workshops.
- Conference communication examples (internal) - What to remember to include in various conference related communications.
- T-18 months
- Local host selected.
- Invitation for co-financing to stakeholders
- T-12 months
- T-8 months
- All first-round speaker invitations sent out, 1w deadline.
- Conference website feature complete, so it's possible to publish confirmed information through it.
- T-6 months
- Session titles final, speakers and chairs confirmed.
- Workshop tiles, formats and abstracts sent in to program committee.
- T-4 months
- Registration opens.
- T-2 months
- Presentation titles and abstracts sent in to program committee.
- Workshop agendas sent in to program committee.
- Workshop organizers send out pre-workshop surveys to participants.
- T-1 months
- Workshop organizers host pre-workshop meetings with participants.
- T-1 week
- Presentations sent in to program committee.
- Event opens.
- T+1 month
- Workshop reports delivered to Conference reporting.
- Parallel track workshops and single track conference are good.
- Gadget ideas  (internal)