Jump to navigation Jump to search
- 1 Steering group meeting 2016-10-28 (virtual)
Steering group meeting 2016-10-28 (virtual)
- 2016-10-28 9:30-11:00.
- Michaela Barth (NeIC, Chair)
- Radovan Bast (NeIC/UiT, PM)
- Gerd Behrmann (NeIC, Technical Advisor)
- Hans A Eide (Sigma2)
- Martti Louhivuori (CSC)
- Lene Krøl Andersen (DeIC)
- Rossen Apostolov (SNIC)
- Progress status (currently mainly workshops)
- Network status
- Kick-off meeting
- Project plan discussion and approval
- Official decision about start of project
- Training event Iceland
These meeting minutes have been approved by the steering group.
- Bjørn Lindi
- Sabry Razick
- Aleksi Kallio
- Erik Edelmann
- Jyry Suvilehto
- N. D.
- Pinja Koskinen
- Sri Harsha Vathsavayi
- Thor Wikfeldt (50% would like to reduce to 30%)
- Hiring status for a candidate depends on who would be the contract partner DTU or DeIC.
- Large group with small FTE fractions creates overhead both for management and for the team members.
- Aleksi is the local group manager. The people at CSC have to absorb the overhead themselves as well.
- Different team members will get different modules from the training material.
- Radovan should recommend to allocate two-half days for a 20% position for instance.
- Website is up: http://coderefinery.org
- We organize our work on Trello - SG can contact Radovan to get access.
- Workshops planned: http://coderefinery.org/workshops/
- The one in May in Umeå will be in conjunction with the NeIC2017 conference, just half a day.
- We have weekly team meetings.
- Team documents are saved in Google drive - SG can contact Radovan to get access.
- Currently Radovan’s NeIC workload is definitely above 50%: lot of travelling (due to Tromsø being too far off)
- Good contacts to Software Carpentry and SSI.
- Submitted proposal to http://siu.no/eng/Programme-information/Cooperation-outside-the-EU/Partnership-Program-with-North-America: 2 material development sprints and 3 workshops (two Norway, one US).
- Result expected mid-december.
- SNIC user forum end of October in Lund (~110 participants): CodeRefinery was very visible: Joachim Hein and Hans Karlsson mentioned CodeRefinery, Radovan had also a talk: bit.ly/snic-2016
- Nov 23 afternoon and Nov 24 full day.
- Possibly at Hanasaari, close to Espoo.
- Gudmund will also attend.
- Another idea: NORDUnet offices: meeting rooms for free, but will be charged for the food.
- Another option: Såstaholm Hotel and Conference
- Relatively affordable hotel in Copenhagen: Wake-up Copenhagen
Project plan discussion and approval
- Consider rotating table 4 by 90 degs.
- Adjust accounting table with Radovan’s workload.
- Also get feedback from NeIC about budget (NeIC part).
- In general: Complete, and intended to be a living document, anyway.
- Project plan adjusted: better understanding, staff,.. (blogging currently removed).
- Budget numbers based on rules of thumb, not on experience from previous projects, this has to be evaluated first within NeIC
- Project plan v1.0 approved but needs feedback from Lene and Rossen.
Official decision about start of project
- SG is officially approving the start with today’s date.
- Execution phase is two years starting with 2016-10-1.
- Subcontracts from Sigma2 cover 2017-1-1 to 2018-12-31.
- Collaboration agreement ends end of September 2017. New collaboration agreement will need to be set up summer 2017.
- SNIC in its current form will cease to exist as of end of Dec. 2017, and will not make any commitments beyond that currently.
Training event Iceland
- Postpone decision to 2017. Second-last week in August 2018 seems to be a good time. Could be “final” CodeRefinery workshop.
- NeIC board meeting minutes: https://wiki.neic.no/wiki/Category:Board_meeting_minutes
- NeIC organisational changes in the upcoming future, still looking for Resource Sharing Project Manager
- Thanks for Radovan's efforts in application for Research Council Norway, upcoming NeIC evaluation by the Finnish Academy of Science will be similar
- Rossen: discuss with Thor and SNIC about his desired reduction to 30%.
- Rossen: provide feedback on project plan.
- Lene: provide feedback on project plan.
- Radovan: send final SIU proposal to SG.
- Radovan: consider adjusting table with currently large management overhead.
- Radovan: discuss with the team whether August 2017 workshop in Iceland would be doable at all.
- Michaela: check together with Pål on experiences from travel and event costs from previous projects.
- Hans: check if it is necessary to update the starting date on the Norwegian sub-contracts.